HVAC Filtration Solutions
Airborne debris and other suspended particles in cooling tower water negatively affect heat transfer efficiency through the creation of deposits, which result in scale, corrosion, fouling, and biological activity. This leads to reduction in heat transfer design efficiencies and an increase in system operating costs.
LAKOS Centrifugal Separators and Filtration Solutions help remove suspended particles from cooling water thus helping maintain design efficiencies and extending the life of cooling towers, heat exchangers, chillers, and evaporative condensers.
Most Common HVAC Configurations
- Reduce under deposit corrosion, remove food source for biological activity, extending life of basin.
- Minimize manual cleaning, maintenance, downtime and risk of injury
- HydroBoosters™ sweep cooling tower basin to remove suspended solids at the source
- Maintain downstream thermal efficiency of heat transfer surfaces
- Remove solids generated in closed loops (chiller water/propylene/ethylene glycol) by using side stream filtration
- Zero liquid loss when using a Solids Recovery Vessel (SRV)
- Direct replacement for side stream bags or spiral wound cartridges
- Filter 100% of flow from the cooling tower to downstream equipment - with zero downtime
- Maintain design heat transfer efficiencies on new and existing equipment
- Extend maintenance intervals for cleaning chiller tubes, plate heat exchanges, compressors, etc.
- Zero filtration maintenance when using LAKOS Controllers and Automated Purge Valves
- Point of use application
- Economical filtration solution
- Large or variable flow application where full flow is not an option and basins are not accessible
- Reduce suspended solids in mainstream flow
Easy to retrofit
- Zero liquid loss options with LAKOS Solids Recovery Vessel
- Zero filtration maintenance when using LAKOS Automated Purge Valves
Select Your LAKOS Solution
News & Events
Energy efficiency through the simultaneous use of refrigeration and heat for commercial and industrial applications and for maximum comfort in buildings.
Experience the world's largest HVACR Marketplace with LAKOS