How to Determine Your Flowrate
SandMaster model selection depends on actual flow rate of the pump. Do not use pipe size for model selection.
To determine your flow rate:
- Drain water from your system until pump starts. With no other water in use, wait for pump to completely re-fill the system and shut-off
- Open a valve downstream of the pressure tank and use a 5-gallon bucket to measure the volume of water drained until pump turns on again
- Count the time it takes for the pump to again completely re-fill the system.
- Divide your actual gallons of water by the time it takes to re-fill the system: GPM = gallons per minute
- Example: 14 gallons drained from the system takes 1-3/4 minutes to re-fill system: 14/1.75 = 8 gpm