Airborne debris and other suspended particles in cooling tower water negatively affect heat transfer efficiency through the creation of deposits, which result in scale, corrosion, fouling, and biological activity. This leads to reduction in heat transfer design efficiencies and an increase in system operating costs.
LAKOS Centrifugal Separators and Filtration Solutions help remove suspended particles from cooling water thus helping maintain design efficiencies and extending the life of cooling towers, heat exchangers, chillers, and evaporative condensers.
Return on Investment (ROI) Tool:
ROI calculations prove the value of effective filtration. Download our Standard or Metric ROI tool to see for yourself.
- Cooling tower basin cleaning which aids in preventing Legionella
- Prevent fouling in heat exchangers and chillers in comfort cooling
- Cooling tower filters available in a variety of configurations (see options below)
- District Energy heating and cooling installations
- eSolutions Higher Efficiency Cooling Tower Separators from LAKOS – read more about the eTCX System or eHTX Separator
Common HVAC Configurations
- Reduce under deposit corrosion, remove food source for biological activity, extending life of basin.
- Minimize manual cleaning, maintenance, downtime, and risk of injury
- HydroBoosters™ sweep cooling tower basin to remove suspended solids at the source
- Maintain downstream thermal efficiency of heat transfer surfaces
- Most effective at reducing cooling tower maintenance
- Remove solids generated in closed loops (chiller water/ propylene/ ethylene glycol) by using side stream filtration
- Provides 24/7 filtration with zero system downtime
- No backwash requirements
- Zero liquid loss when using a Solids Recovery Vessel (SRV)
- Direct replacement for side stream bags or spiral wound cartridges