How to: LAKOS Three Minute Sand Settling Test
When you’ve got sand in your water, all it takes is a clear jar to decide if a LAKOS Sand Separator can solve that problem.
Use any clear jar. And all it takes is about 3-4 minutes. Here’s how:
- Get a sample of the sand coming through the water system. From the hot water heater. From the toilet tank. From a plugged cartridge or screen filter. Whatever you can get your hands on from within your water system.
- Add the sand to a jar of clean water and shake the jar to mix the sand water.
- Let the mixture stand and watch what happens:
- Particles that settle to the bottom within 2-3 minutes can be removed with a LAKOS Pump Protection Sand Separator.
- Particles that settle to the bottom within 3-4 minutes can be removed with a LAKOS Sand Separator installed after the pump.
Not only does this accurately determine what a LAKOS Sand Separator can remove, but it also identifies particles that can’t be removed, making sure no one over or under-promises the expected results.
And, if the water is still cloudy, but also has a reasonable amount of settled particles, you can use a LAKOS Sand Separator as a pre-filter, prior, to other filtration options.