What is a Shell Kit?
A Pump Enclosure Shell Kit ensures that incoming water to a submersible pump first passes through the LAKOS Pump Protection Separator. In order to properly size a shell, the following information is necessary (in addition to the pump’s GPM):
- Overall length of the pump and motor assembly.
- Riser size of the submersible pump.
- Diameter of the pump or motor (whichever is greater).
LAKOS provides two different options for most shell kits.
- A complete shell assembly can be built by LAKOS and shipped ready-to-install with a typical lead-time of 5 days to build the shell to a pump’s specific dimensions.
- Alternatively, a submersible shell kit can be shipped immediately with any in-stock LAKOS
PPS Separator for faster delivery and less shipping cost. The kit requires only the appropriate length & diameter of shell pipe to be provided at the destination. Two pipe welds and the Shell Kit are ready-to-install