NEW High Efficiency eSolutions
Design Innovations in NEW eHTX Separator Yield More Efficient Filtration at Lower Energy Usage
- Filter performance for eHTX Separator rated to remove 98% of all solids 44 micron (325 mesh) and larger in a SINGLE pass
- eHTX Separator can remove 99% of all solids down to 25 micron (550 mesh) in recirculated system.
- The How It Works diagram and Performance Chart illustrates details.
- The eTCX System packages the eHTX Separator with a Premium Efficiency motor and purge options on stainless steel skid, configured for a variety of HVAC cooling tower and heat exchanger solutions.
- New High Efficiency HydroBoosters (eHB) require just 10 psi inlet pressure and still provide enough "directed turbulence" in a basin to move the basin solids to the separator for removal
- LAKOS Total HVAC Solutions Brochure, LS-580
- NEW eHTX Separator Brochure, LS-924
- NEW eHTX Installation Manual, LS-926
- NEW eTCX System Brochure, LS-910
- NEW eTCX System Installation Manual, LS-912
Components of eTCX System
- eHTX Separator and Premium Efficiency Motor
- NEW Electric Fail-Safe Valve, see LS-913
- HydroBooster Basin Water Nozzle, see LS-606
- Solids Recovery Vessel, see LS-622
New eHTX Separator
- Flow Rate: 15-990 US GPM (3-224 m3/hr) Higher flow rates can be met by manifolding two or more separators together in series. See LS-924.
- Low and steady pressure loss (2-15 psi)
New eTCX System
- Basin Sweeping: 50-910 US gpm (11-84 m3/hr)
- Side Stream: 65-810 US gpm (15-184 m3/hr)
- One system can handle Basin Sweeping, Side Stream, and Closed Loop applications. See LS-910.
Does HVAC Need Filtration?
Airborne debris, dirt, silt, sand and other suspended solids reduce efficiency of HVAC system components. A LAKOS filtration solution can prevent this and help system components maintain their original design efficiencies.
Benefits of LAKOS HVAC Filtration Systems:
- Reduce maintenance costs by 60-90% AND reduce risk of injury (manual basin cleaning is eliminated)
- Reduce energy and chemical consumption by 10% or more
- Reduce water consumption by 3-5% compared to other types of filtration
Problems Caused By No Filtration:
- Scale buildup in heat exchangers (and loss of efficiency/energy as a result)
- Plugged chiller tubes, reducing their efficiency
- Health issues, including increased risk of Legionella
- Solids build-up in Cooling Tower basins, leading to biological growth and reduced efficiencies
How A LAKOS Separator Works
The New Design LAKOS High Efficiency eHTX Separators and eTCX Systems utilize centrifugal action to separate settleable solids from water and other liquids. This new design is shown below.
System Layouts and Drawings
Most common system layouts for effective HVAC Filtration.
Submittal Drawings for eSolutions